The Machine is a web-based investment decision support software that allows you to build and actively manage customized, quantified portfolios of proprietary trading strategies which generate daily buy and sell signals based on data, not opinions.
These high performing portfolios help traders, investors, and advisors to reduce the volatility of their trading accounts while enabling consistently positive returns.
The proprietary trading strategies within The Machine quantify, for individual investment decisions, the concepts first developed by Nobel Prize winner Daniel Kahneman and others in the field of Behavioral Finance.
Behavioral Finance explains the fundamental human behavior that drives investors to overreact or act irrationally at times. Over the last decade, Connors Research has quantified these behaviors and developed several categories of objective trading strategies based on these findings that can now be found within The Machine:
- Stocks and ETF Momentum Trading
- Low Volatility Investing Strategies
- Long-Term Trend Following Strategies
- Bear Trend (Sell-Short) Strategies
Users can simply log onto The Machine and have access to the buy and sell signals generated from any of over 50 unique trading strategies and over 100,000 variations which employ over 25 different industry-standard technical indicators in order to generate signals for each of the variations for the next trading day.
With that basic framework in place, investors can build portfolios based on data driven inputs they control. Users of The Machine are able to select individual trading strategies based on:
- Specified technical indicators such as ConnorsRSI, Bollinger Bands®, Historical Volatility, Moving Averages and more
- Performance metrics such as Compound Annual Growth Rate, Win or Success Percentage, Profit/Loss, Sharpe Ratio and more
- Risk metrics including max loss, exposure, position sizing, stops, market timing rules and many others
- Asset class diversification (stocks, ETFs, Leveraged ETFs, or specified universes of assets: S&P 500, low volatility, etc.)
- Time frame diversification (short, intermediate and longer-term strategies)
You can choose as many or as few strategies as you desire for your portfolio. With The Machine there are no limits. Each of the strategies in The Machine has a quantified “edge” (i.e. a statistical probability of success).
Further, The Machine is simple to learn, easy-to-use, and web-based. You do not have to sit in front of your computer for hours a day to profit from your trading and investing. Once you have built your first portfolio, you can manage your own money in only minutes per trading day as the built-in trade execution platform allows you to easily submit your trades to any of several brokers currently available.