NEW! A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders- PDF Version (No Shipping Cost)
PDF Version Only! Available May 31, 2020!
New Guidebook from Connors Research…
Imagine Backtesting your Stocks, ETF, and Futures Strategies Faster (and Simpler) Than Ever Before… Even If You Have No Programming Experience!
Introducing “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders”, a concise guidebook to getting you programming and backtesting simple strategies in under a few hours.
- Do you program in TradeStation?
- Do you program in Amibroker?
- Or would you like to learn how to program and backtest simple trading strategies?
If you do, you’ll want to learn how to do this in Python, the fastest, simplest, and most widely used programming language used by professional traders throughout the world.
Why Python Is The Language of Choice By Many Of The Biggest and Best Trading Firms In the World
The best trading firms in the world have the resources and capabilities to program in any language.
They also have the ability to hire the best and smartest traders in the world. When you look at who they’re hiring, there’s one major theme; they’re hiring traders with Python Programming skills.
You only have to look at the professional job boards to see this.
Many of the top firms are now all requiring their traders and researchers to program in Python.
The reason they’re doing this is they obviously believe Python is leading to greater trading profits.
Rob Carver, the former head of fixed income at multi-billion dollar quantitative hedge fund AHL, and the author of the top-selling book, “Systematic Trading and Smart Portfolios” wrote
“Python is the preferred language of many quantitative traders because of the extensive availability of packages for data analysis”
We can show you dozens of these examples of the top trading firms, and now tens of thousands of professionals at these firms around the world who do their programming in Python (not in retail products like TradeStation, Amibroker, etc.).
If you’re serious about your trading and want to join the elite trading professionals around the world, (and not a bunch of retail traders) then learning Python is a must.
If not, you’re falling behind!
Here is Why Many of The Top Quant Firms Use Python and Why You Should Too
There are many reasons why Python has become the go-to programming language for these multi-billion dollar fund companies. This includes…
1. It’s easy to learn - You can learn how to program Python in under 10 hours. In 10 hours, you will be able to do in-depth research, code more complicated trading strategies, and analyze your backtested results better and faster than ever before!
2. It’s faster than most languages. You will spend less time writing your code which leads you to having more time analyzing your results and improving your strategies.
3. It’s Open Source - This means you’ll have access to the same trading code and tools created by many of the best researchers, programmers and traders in the world.
There’s also a global community available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. Python is widely used and well documented, making solving coding issues a breeze. If you’re stuck on a coding problem, many people out there will be able to help you.
In fact, even a quick Google search usually answers your questions!
4. Python has the best libraries for data analyses and quantitative trading. This means again you will be using the same tools as professional quant trading desks and hedge fund managers do. This can’t be said for other languages like TradeStation and Amibroker.
This means you’ll find edges in the market faster and more efficiently than ever before.
How To Program With The Same Tools As The Best Quantitative Trading Firms
If you’re interested in joining the ranks of the best quantitative trading firms in the world including multi-billion dollar trading firms like Tudor Investments, Point 72, Millennium, Citadel, and hundreds of other professional trading firms, you’ll want to read our new guidebook “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders”
In the guidebook, you will quickly learn the basic knowledge you need to develop simple trading algorithms in Python.
You will learn
- Why Python is the Fastest Growing Language in Finance
- The Basics of Python. You’ll have the needed introductory knowledge to begin programming in Python
- How To Use The Free Quantopian.com platform. Quantopian is a free site and includes free fundamental data, technical analysis, quantitative data, futures, backtesting capabilities, and much more!
You’ll be up and running on Quantopian in less than 30 minutes and backtesting simple strategies within 30 minutes of completing our easy to follow Guidebook.
You’ll Immediately Learn How To Do Your Backtesting on Simple Strategies.
For example, let’s imagine a stock or ETF, or the market, is oversold as measured with the 2-period RSI.
Should you buy?
How has it performed in the past?
If you’d like to know what the avg return has been and whether or not this is a good time to buy you’ll quickly write the code you learned in the guidebook, drop it into Quantopian (the guidebook shows you the simple steps to do this), run the test, and in under a minute you’ll have your test results and answer!
You’ll Learn How To Build Trading Algorithms
In “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders” you will also learn how to build simple trading algorithms.
For example, you’ll be able to put together a basket of ETFs, identify when they are oversold and which ones to potentially buy, and exit after they rally.
You’ll be able to see:
- The performance statistics
- Annual returns
- Sharpe Ratio
- The equity curve
- Cumulative returns
- and go even deeper into your analysis with additional statistics for you to analyze.
By the time you’re done reading “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders”, you’ll have the same baseline knowledge every professional trader who relies on Python has before they move to more advanced coding.
In only a few hours you’ll have the essential information to begin writing and testing your simple (basic) trading algorithms.
Here’s How To Get Going Immediately
If you’re ready to move into the professional world of backtesting and research your strategies you’ll want to start with “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders”
Our Money-Back Guarantee
Order “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders”
The cost is only $9.95 and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
“A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders” will be delivered to you via email on June 1.
Within hours you’ll be backtesting research and analyzing your strategies just like the best professional traders on trading desks around the world do.
PS- If you have any questions after reading “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders” email us and we’ll answer your questions for you via email.
PPS - “A Beginners Guide To Python Programming For Traders” is only $9.95 and comes with a money-back guarantee. It’s simple to read, easy to use, and you’ll be up and running in only a few hours.