Are You a Trader Who is Looking to Learn Advanced TradeStation Programming Skills From One of the Top Experts in the World?
Dear TradeStation User,
You already know that TradeStation is an extremely powerful tool for backtesting and automating your trading strategies. You can use TradeStation for everything from simple signal generation to simulating portfolio results along with automating your best strategies.
If you want to take full advantage of all the advanced trading tools and features TradeStation offers, and learn this from one of the top experts in the world, this advanced programming course is for you.
Learn From The Best – Your Instructor Stuart Okorofsky
A Note from Larry Connors:
Stuart Okorofsky has been my main TradeStation programmer since 1996. In fact, we will not allow anyone else to do our TradeStation testing and programming outside of Stuart. He’s world-class and he’s the only one we trust to do our TradeStation testing and programming.
If you are serious about properly testing, programming and automating your strategies in TradeStation, this is your opportunity to learn from the top expert in the world.
A Personal Message From Stuart Okorofsky
“My path to EasyLanguage Programming is quite a circuitous one.
I graduated from SUNY Buffalo in 1974 with a Degree in Computer Science. At that time, PCs did not exist, mainframes took up entire buildings, we used punch cards to write computer programs and there was no Internet.
After graduation I worked for McDonnell Douglas as a programmer. I was unchallenged by the corporate world so I quit and got involved in another profession.
One day in the early 1990s I got a piece of mail from Ken Roberts about trading Futures. I was fascinated by it and took his course. I got hooked on trading.
I saw a TradeStation demo at a trading seminar, bought the software and began writing code. Despite the fact that I hadn’t programmed in 20 years, it came back to me very quickly. Programming is a way of thinking and I had always been good at it.
At the time, there were only a handful of TradeStation Programmers so I began writing programs for other people. Before I knew it I had a full time business. I quickly accumulated so many clients that I stopped trading, transitioned out of my other business in order to program TradeStation full time.
Over the past 20 years, I’ve written indicators and strategies for hundreds and hundreds of clients. I still have clients that I code for who that have been with me from the very beginning of my career. Larry Connors is one of them.
My clients run the gamut from private traders to very large hedge fund managers. I have also worked with high profile authors like Tom DeMark, Walter Bressert, and Dave Aronson.”
Attend Our 2-Day Live Advanced Programming Course
On June 30 & July 1, Stuart will be teaching the very best TradeStation programming techniques used by professional traders around the world. By the end of this course, you will have the ability to do your own high grade testing and analysis that so many professional traders rely upon to improve their trading and investing returns.
Why Take This Course?
This advanced programming course delves into the power of TradeStation as a programming, backtesting & trading platform. If you are on TradeStation this advanced programming course will
- Quickly allow you to find more (and better) trading opportunities
- Streamline your trading process
- Teach you how to program more advanced strategies for stocks, ETFs, options, futures and Forex.
- TradeStation 9.1 or higher.
- Basic familiarity with TradeStation EasyLanguage and the topics covered in the “Introduction to TradeStation EasyLanguage Programming” course.
We plan to cover a number of advanced programming topics in this course. We plan to go over in detail, line by line, three useful indicators:
- The Timer allows you to execute code at any time, not just when a trade occurs in the underlying symbol.
- The Quotes Provider allows you to get prices (last, bid, ask, etc.) for any symbol, not just the underlying symbol.
- The PriceSeries Provider allows you to get historical and current price information for any symbol for any bar interval. These Objects are very powerful tools that greatly extend the capabilities of TradeStation programming.
We will then move further into TradeStation Object Programming. TradeStation Object Programming is extensive and one could spend months learning it. This course will introduce you to it. In addition to the three indicators which we just mentioned, we will include additional indicators that demonstrate the use of additional objects.
We will include the following topics:
- Using Order Entry Macros. This allows you to trade hundreds of symbols at the same time from one RadarScreen.
- Using Fundamental Data. Now you can combine fundamental data with your technical analysis studies. You’re likely very strong with technical analysis. Now imagine having the power of overlaying your technical studies with fundamental analysis.
- TradeManager Functions. This gives you real-time access to your account and the ability to do position-sizing based on the value of your account.
- More advanced EasyLanguage Functions including CountIf (), MRO(), IFF(), IFFLogic(), IFFString(), NumericRank(), SortArray().
- Global Variables. Global Variables are a set of functions that allow you to pass information between charts and the RadarScreen. This knowledge will allow you to greatly expand your use of TradeStation.
- EL Collections are a powerful set of functions. We will learn how to use these functions to read information from external files.
- Portfolio Analysis using Portfolio Maestro. You will learn how to test multiple trading strategies along with multiple money management strategies.
- Using multiple time-frames for trading. By combining time-frames you will be able see align longer-term trends with shorter-term trends to potentially capture larger moves.
- Methods. This new feature in TradeStation is more useful than Functions and you will learn why in this course.
- FileAppend – This gives you the ability to save information to a file. This information can be applied to plot an equity chart which you can then overlay indicators and strategies on this chart.
- Using AnalysisCommentary as a debugging tool. This a little-known feature of TradeStation that can be very valuable, especially in assuring you have accurate test results.
- Indicator “Same Tick Optimization”. You need to assure every tick is being recorded and evaluated and you will learn how to do this in this course.
Stuart’s Pre-Class Documentation Provided
Prior to the course, we will provide you with Stuart’s documents which include indicator and strategy templates, documentation on several functions, indicators, and documentation for Global Variables and EL Collections.
Code Along With Stuart
Throughout this course, you will be able to code along with Stuart. Stuart will give the exercise and then you will program the exercise along with him to assure you have mastery of the coding.
Your Competitive Edge
This course is for experienced TradeStation programmers who are looking to learn advanced programming skills to improve their trading results. Learning from one of the top experts in the world provides you with the opportunity to learn TradeStation programming skills the majority of TradeStation customers do not have.
Sign Up Today
The cost of “Advanced TradeStation Programming” is $1500. This course will be taught over two evenings on June 30 and July 1. Class will start at 4:30 pm EST and end each evening at 8:00 PM EST. You will receive two days of instruction, advanced knowledge on how to backtest your strategies, along with documents which include indicator and strategy templates, documentation on several functions, indicators, and documentation for Global Variables and EL Collections.
In order to assure everyone receive the proper full attention, class size is strictly limited. We expect this class to sell out. In order to assure your spot in the class, please click here to register online or please call 888-484-8220 ext 3.
***Beginning Class in TradeStation Programming is available. Click here to learn more.***
SPECIAL OFFER: If you would like to take both the Beginning and Advanced TradeStation Courses together for a special discounted price of $2,000 (save $500), click here to register now.
R E G I S T E R H E R E:
Advanced TradeStation Coding
Class Dates: June 30 and July 1, 2014
If you have any questions, please call us directly at
888-484-8220 ext. 3, 9am-5pm ET, M-F,
(or 973-494-7311 ext 3, outside the U.S.)
Tradestation is a registered trademark of TradeStation Group, Inc. This course is not sponsored, affiliated, or endorsed by TradeStation Group, Inc.