Friday Morning Coffee with TradingMarkets
U.S. Market Sell-Off Accelerates … Financials Join Basic Materials as Major Decliners … VIX Soars Above 10-Day, Stretches More Than 20% … Crude Oil (USO), Precious Metals ETFs (GLD, SLV) Plunge … Top ETF PowerRatings Funds for Friday Include: ILF, XME, ITB …
Find out more about what ETF PowerRatings can do for you and your trading. Click here to launch your free, 7-day trial to our ETF PowerRatings today.
|TradingMarkets 7 Stocks You Need to Know for Today|
Here are 7 stocks for traders for today from TradingMarkets.com:
- ^GOOG^ reported fourth quarter sales that missed some analysts estimates. However, advertising sales climbed neared $2 billion for the first time.
- Dow stalwart, ^GE^, announces before the bell with a forecast EPS of 26 cents.
- The real king of burgers, ^MCD^, has a consensus estimate of $1.02/share prior to the open.
- A loss of 33 cents is projected for iconic American motorcycle maker ^HOG^ before the open.
- ^SLB^ announces before the bell with a forecast EPS of 63 cents.
- ^KMB^ has analysts awaiting an EPS of $1.23 before the market opens.
- 85 cents/share is the estimated figure for ^EXC^ prior to the bell.
For a list of today’s highest PowerRating stocks, click here.
|TradingMarkets 5 PowerRatings Stocks for Today|
|China Infrastructure Investment.||CIIC||9|
|AK Steel Holding Corporation||TSL||9|
|Canadian Solar Inc.||CSIQ||9|
|View More Stocks|
If your stock trading could use a boost, then treat yourself to a free, 7-day trial to our Stock PowerRatings. The highest rated PowerRatings stocks have outperformed the average stock by a margin of nearly 17 to 1 after five days. Click here to start your free trial today!
|TradingMarkets Making Great Traders|
Short Term Trading Strategies That Work – Now in Paperback! – TradingMarkets
Now available for the first time in paperback, Short Term Trading Strategies That Work: A Quantified Guide to Trading Stocks and ETFs, is the definitive guide for short term traders looking to use the same professional, mean reversion based strategies that market makers and specialists have relied on successfully for decades.
Connors: How to Lessen Your Risk in a Trade – TradingMarkets
Today’s topic is on the use of options as a way to lower risks. Learn how to use this spread strategy and improve your trading while limiting your risk.
Controlling Trade Risk with Position Sizing – TradingMarkets
How do you use position sizing to mitigate risk? This trading strategy, frequently used by Richard Miller, experiences far less downside, upside and variation. It just makes money steadily.
|TradingMarkets 7 ETFs You Need to Know for Today|
Financials, Materials Lead Markets Lower as Country ETFs Continue to Retreat – TradingMarkets
ETFs continued to drift into oversold territory Thursday, leaving sectors like the Basic Materials heavily oversold after the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Basic Materials Index Fund ETF, IYM was hit with a 4% pullback.